Telling Industries is an American owned & operated manufacturer of premium metal framing components for the USA commercial construction industry. We began manufacturing metal framing in 2004 with the opening of our first location in Cambridge, OH. We have since grown to 3 plants with a nationwide footprint and have become an industry leader in premium metal framing components.
Telling Industries is seeking a motivated, hands-on individual to fill our Accountant position within our Willoughby, Ohio headquarters. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of accounting experience as an accountant or equivalent role. The accountant will have regular cross-functional interaction with Telling Industries executive team, sales team members, customers, and internal operations teams. The accountant will also assist the Controller in supporting and improving our strong team and positive culture. Potential for career advancement.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the AP department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control and customer rebate disbursements.
- Coordinate and oversee physical inventory counts and related audits, some travel required
- Daily banking and cash position reporting
- Oversee AR cash application including follow up on AR discrepancies and missed invoices.
- Reviewing AR reports and contacting accounts with past due items
- Reviewing credit risk and setting up new customer accounts
- Maintaining all existing customer accounts and credit files
- Review AR/AP aging and provide summary to executive team bimonthly.
- Review and manage scrap program including monthly close accrual detail.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly support for rebate accruals.
- Perform sales tax research for issuance of exemption forms for appropriate purchases, maintains sales tax documentation for appropriate customer accounts.
- Prepare weekly, monthly bank reports.
- Serve as main accounting contact for semi-annual bank audits and external auditors.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports as needed.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Accounts Payable, accounts receivable, collections, data entry
- Accounting experience in the manufacturing industry is helpful.
- Ability to compile information and prepare accurate analysis and reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to monitor and enforce financial controls, policies, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of the flow of transactions through an ERP system
- Experience working with all levels of management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently, while also having the ability to work with various departments and team members outside of accounting.
- High attention to details
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics NAV / 365 Business Central a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel and ERP experience.
Military Friendly Employer
We value the knowledge, skills, and abilities you acquired in the military. Whether you are an active service member transitioning or a military spouse, we want you to consider a rewarding career with Telling Industries.
It is the policy of Telling Industries that we will recruit, hire, transfer, train, compensate, layoff, terminate and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
Telling Industries offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, training and development, opportunity for advancement and corporate support for field operations.